20TH FEB 2021 8.30AM OUR NEXT WORKING BEE
Yes, you can come and help your club.
Painting, love painting with a mission…bring a brush we’ve woodwork to paint.
Chipping the branches that have been cut down. We have to move them to make way for our new floral hedge – we must provide more food for the bees.
Your committee has spent $ 200.00 on hiring a chipper so let’s get together and make it pay. Bring your safety gear, earplugs, glasses, gloves whatever you need.
Wanted.. Vinyl flooring 3*3meters
Let Gordon know, we’d love your help with this.
Just come along when you can. All help is gratefully received. One hours or two adds up to a great contribution when we all get together. Please don’t let Gordon know that you can’t make it,
BUT if you want to know more about the working bee call Gordon 0275389568.
Working Bee Mon 9.00am 1st Feb
contact Gordon 027 538 9568
Big thanks goes out to WSP (formerly Opus) for helping out at the bee club.
We are a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy that works across the building, transport, water and environment sectors
Our employer provides us with the ability to take one work day per year as special leave where we can undertake an activity to support the local community.
I was thinking that undertaking some work at the bee club might be an option for a group of us, the only firm requirement is that we have to undertake the day before the end of the year. I have had a chat with a couple of work colleagues today and have managed to muster up at least 5 of us so far (and can probably get a few more) who can provide some hard labour to complete a few jobs this side of Christmas – at this stage either Monday 21 or Tuesday 22nd December looks like the best option for us, just before we break up.
We could help by doing some builders work or painting on the toilets, digging the drain and/or plumbing and tiling, or whatever is needed.
We can also lay our hands on most of the tools as required and happy to chip in and focus on whatever is priority for the club ready for the field days in the new year.
Great morning at the working bee today. Thank you everyone who came along, from our awesome builders and painters to the dogged tenacious gardeners who’ve weeded planted and dug over our new plots. Can’t wait to show off our work at the Xmas Field Day next Sat.
Saturday 21st.. 8.30 start.
Saturday 28th.. 8.30 start.
Yes you can come and help your club be better.
Continue the toilet block building.
Planting plants and seeds.
Bee hive work.
For more information. Gordon 0275 389 568 .
Thanks to all who helped yesterday at the working bee. Great weather, long hours but boy what a difference it makes – even if you can only do an hour it all helps. Big ups to all of you! Check out the photos to see what’s been happening.
- It was an early start for the builders working our new toilet block. Evan had a great team of guys putting up walls and completing the framing.
- Another team had plants to go in and that meant using the rotary hoe to create a garden first. Who knew clay pans can make spades bounce back in your hands! No wonder the rotary hoe operator had a big workout. As did the diligent gardeners.
- Gerard and helpers got the long box hive moved and that was no mean feat.
- Lawns were moved and plants watered.
- Last working bee the painting preparation had been, in the most part done. Just wait till you see the container with it’s new coat of paint, it looks magnificent!
Yes it on again help our club to grow to bee the best.
It’s Your Club.
1..Toilet block. building.
2..Gardening. Planting shrubs that have been donated.
3. Has anyone got a rotary hoe and operator for the wildflower garden.
5. Shift the longbox hive.
6. Shadesail over the food table.
7. If you can help in anyway thanks.
Gordon ..Hivemaster for the Club and Projects Coordinator. Ph 0275389568.
Starting at 8.30am..