Working Bee postponed to Saturday 24th July 8.30pm – 3.00pm
SORRY EVERYONE but the working bee at the club has been cancelled for tomorrow.
I have left this for the last moment just in case we will miss the rain event. However, the weather office assures me that there will be a consistent amount of rain around the port hills and probably the city proper.
As I write Arthurs Pass is now closed due to slips.
The working be is postponed until next Saturday. I know you will be bitterly disappointed!
See you next week!
So what needs doing? Can you spend an hour or so helping out to do just one of these tasks? I know you want to help so here’s our dream list to get done before the season starts:
- Hoeing the gardens.. Keep those weeds down.
- Staking up trees.
- Popping in the plant signs.
- Planting lavender etc.
- Prune fruit trees.
- Raking up leaves and acorns.
- Removing dead branches – may need a ladder or saw/ loppers
- Cover water tanks
- Move paving stones for beehives
- Rotary hoe and operator for new garden
- Painting – brush handed wanted